Heritage Bank was started in 1955 as Clayton County Federal Savings and Loan Association with one office located in Jonesboro, Georgia.
The local businessmen primarily responsible for starting the Savings and Loan were Dr. Needham B. Bateman, Freeman E. Groover, Edwin S. Kemp, Sr., Alan Kemper and Grady L. Lindsey.
The Bank grew in size with the opening of three more Branches and the expansion of the Jonesboro Branch. The Forest Park Branch was opened in January 1962; a new building was built for the Jonesboro Branch expansion (which is our current Jonesboro location) the new building was opened to our customers in 1968; the Riverdale Branch was opened in May 1973 and then closed around July 1995; the Morrow Branch was opened in July 1974 and was closed in June 2001.
The Bank operated as a traditional mutual thrift institution until 1995 when, under the direction of Dr. Bateman, David B. Turner and the newer directors: Edwin S. Kemp, Jr., John B. Lee, Joe B. Mundy and Charles Tucker, it became a public company. The charter was changed from a thrift to a state bank and the name was changed to Heritage Bank (a subsidiary of CCF Holding Company) in 1997.
In 1997, as Heritage Bank, we moved into Fayette and Henry counties with two new branches; one located on North Jeff Davis Drive in Fayetteville and the other located on Keys Ferry Street in McDonough.
We opened our second branch in Henry County in August, 2003. The branch was located at 860 Highway 20/81 west of McDonough, but has since been relocated to 1705 Hwy 20 west in McDonough and is known as the McDonough-Hampton branch.
The Eagles Landing branch, opened on July 21, 2004. It is located at 830 Eagles Landing Parkway, Suite 100, Stockbridge, Georgia.
Our newest branch is located in Peachtree City at 300 Finance ave.
We are very proud of our “Heritage” and with your help we look forward to continuing our “Commitment to the future of the communities we serve through a Tradition of Excellence”.