Safeguarding your privacy is important to Heritage Bank and our employees. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it.
The following policy serves as a standard for all Heritage Bank employees for collection, use, retention, and security of nonpublic personal information. “Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. For example, nonpublic personal information includes information regarding your account balance or credit history.
We are permitted under law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties to assist us in servicing your loan or account with us, to government entities in response to subpoenas, and to consumer reporting agencies.
We may collect “nonpublic personal information” about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other loan and account forms;
• Information about your transactions with Heritage Bank, our affiliates or others;
• Information we receive from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies; and
• Information obtained at your request.
Unless it is specifically stated otherwise in an amended privacy notice, no additional nonpublic personal information will be collected about you.
We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income;
• Information about your transactions with us, such as your account balance and credit history; and
• Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your creditworthiness and your credit history.
We reserve the right to disclose all of the nonpublic personal information about consumers that we collect. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone else, except as permitted by law.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
Heritage Bank is committed to safeguarding your customer information and encourages you to be diligent in protecting your privacy, as well. If you have any questions about how we handle the confidentiality of your customer information, visit or call your local Heritage Bank Office.